Never A Dull Moment

Thursday, August 20, 2009

SUMMER'S COME...SUMMER'S GONE


We have had an amazing summer but it seems to have flown by so fast. I have included some of the highlights.
I went to Young Women girls camp as the camp director in
June. It is a camp owned by our church up
in the beautiful mountains of Utah. We spent our week not only camping but teaching girls ages 12-18 about the love of God and his presence in our lives. It was amazing. Chad got to come up for bishopric day. The girls loved seeing the goofy side of him. If they only knew.

We had a fun 4th of July celebration that started out with an early rise to see the hot air balloon races that are a part of the Freedom Festival in Provo. Then that evening we capped the day off with a huge water party and barbeque with the Harding clan. It was a blast. We missed those of you who weren't with us.















Also in July we took a family vacation and went to visit Melanie and Rob in Richland, Washington. They were very kind and put up with our chaos. I am glad we didn't drive you insane, Melanie. While there we drove up to Seattle to drive Andrew and Lisa insane. I don't know if Bugsy survived but it was one of the kids' favorite parts of the trip. On our way home we got to meet Aunt Cherie and Cousin Michell and family at the park for a picnic. It was a lot of fun but we were sure glad to get home after a check engine light and a blown out tire on the freeway.







August we had our annual camping trip to Days Canyon where Chad proposed to me almost 11 years ago. We go there every year and make sure we take a picture in the exact spot of the proposal. Boy, have we multiplied or what? Wouldn't trade it for the world.






It's hard to believe but our baby just turned one years-old last week. She is such a delight to all of us. I don't think she gets a moment of peace except for when I put her down for a nap and even then Megan regularly sneaks in her room to play with her. She is on the verge of walking and says things like, "UH-OH", "Da-Da", "All Done!"



Palms 127:3,5
"Lo, children are an heritage of the Lord...Happy is the man (woman) that hath his quiver full of them..."




We are so grateful for our family. We have our challenges but our lives are so full because of them. I hope I am only worthy of the task to be their mother.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a very eventful summer. I was hoping you guys would let me know when you did Ensign Peak. But I missed it! Maybe next year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stacy, you amaze me! I love to see updates from you! I'm so jealous that you were camp director! (Still my dream calling!) Your family is so cute. I love that you go back to your proposal site every year- so sweet! We're going to be out there next month, maybe we can stop by and say hi one day! I'll get in touch with you!

    ReplyDelete