Never A Dull Moment

Monday, June 15, 2009

Running Endangers Lives
















This Saturday Keely,Koby, Reese, Grandpa Harding and I all participated in the annual Orem firefighters 5K. Well it was really well attended by several members of our ward and so above is all the participated in our ward, excluding Grandpa and me. The other pictures if of all of those that won a medal (except for Grandpa who won 2nd place in his division).



I was really proud of our kids. Reese placed first in his division, running the race in 31+ minutes. Grandpa ran it with him and before crossing the finish line ran back to find Keely and her friend who ran it in 33+ minutes and she placed 2nd in her division. Koby, who does not love running, did impressively well. His goal was to not stop the whole way and beat his previous time of 37 minutes. He was successful in that he kept going the whole time and came in at 37 minutes. Right on Koby! We will make a runner of you yet.

The only thing we were missing was t-shirts that said "Family Circus". We will have to make those for the Fourth of July Freedom run. Mel hope you can join us and fullfill that dream.




Sage is 10 months old and keeps us laughing with her "sour pickle" scrunchy face and silly antics. She is at that stage when she knows she has an audience and continually flirts with every one, unless they try to hold her and then she screams. I think that my going to young womens camp for a week next Tuesday will be a good thing for her.
I believe she is going to be a real talker. Her first word was "da-da" of coarse but now she is saying her first sentence. When she gets tired of me trying to force food in her face she says "Ahh Duh!" which stands for "All done." I have learned to respect that unless I want baby food splatered all over me and the kitchen.

Life is good. We are greatful for the goodness of God as we see his hand in our lives daily. We will be forever grateful.

3 comments:

  1. Good job, all of you, on the 5k. I need to do a 5k walk (not a runner yet) one of these days. Sage is sure a cutie. Who is watching your kids while you are at camp?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just wanted to say hi to you all :0) I love you and Happy Fourth of July!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So here I am at church in little ol' louisville Kentucky and see someone new. I ask if she is new or visiting. She is visiting for work at Fort Knox. But is staying by the airport. She said that she is from CA. ANYHOW, she told me her name but I didn't catch the last name the first time and in RS someone asked her name again and it was Shoni Conrad. OH I KNOW SOME CONRADS! I ask her if she knows Chad Conrad. OF COURSE! She tells me chad is her brother. SO COOL! It sure is a small, small world. Anyhow, I was tickled pink and had to tell you. :D

    ReplyDelete