Never A Dull Moment

Thursday, March 12, 2009

STORIES GALOOR

These last couple of months have been filled with mostly ups and a couple of downs. The kids all got RSV, which is a nasty cold for older kids but can be very serious for infants. Sage did develop bronchiolitis and an ear infection with it but fortunately, she didn't have to be hospitalized. The other kids suffered in various degrees. Koby was the worst with a fever for five days and a nasty cough. Megan and Tessa both had a nasty cough, fever and ear infections and Keely and Reese hardly got sick at all. As miserable of two weeks it was, I feel very blessed that it wasn't worse.
The fun news was that all of the kids participated in their school story-telling festival with hopes of advancing on to the world renowned Timpanogos Story-Telling Festival held in Orem, Utah. They had to present their story in front of their class and judges from the actual Timp Festival.
Koby told a family history story of our worst Family Home Evening experience ever and Keely told a spoonerism called Rindercella. Reese very reluctantly participated at the last moment telling a family history story about his Great-great Grandpa Johnson and much to our surprise not only won for his grade (1st grade) but also won for the lower grades and is going on to compete for his school in the district competition this month. The winner of this will participate in the Timp Festival. Below is a video of him practicing his story. He is a natural story teller like his dad and it has been fun to watch him.





Megan is still my very active little turkey with so much personality it is hard not to like her. The other day she was sitting at the counter playing with two little dolls. The conversation went like this:


Doll #1: "Mommy I'm thirsty. I need a drink of water."


Doll #2: "No! I thought I told you no!"

I was a little shocked and thought, "Do I ever say that?" Whoo, I hope not.







The other day I realized that she was not indeed taking a nap like she was supposed to but I could hear her in my bathroom upstairs doing something. I called her down and this is what she looked like:















Yep, she had gotten into my make-up and this is after I wiped some of it off.



Sage is still our little sunshine. She is sitting up, talking and laughing with the best of them. The funnest thing to watch is the way her face lights up and her little legs start kicking wildly when Chad walks in the room. She is a daddy's girl. Life is good and Heavenly Father has blessed us tremendously.















1 comment: